AMAZON

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

MY WHAT A BIG HEART YOU HAVE.



Harrison and I just returned from a visit with his paternal Grandparents.  They live about a six hour drive away, but Harrison is always MORE than willing to make the trip.  When I tell you a little about these people, you will see why.

I remain in awe of the special way Grandma and Grandpa treat Harrison.  There really is nothing they won't (and DON'T) do for him.  When we go visit, they stock the kitchen with all his favorite treats and snacks.  He has his own room, complete with stuffed animals and books galore.  They plan their days around his schedule and entertainment preferences.  They always plan special field trips and activities for him and they both join in like a couple of kids.

Harrison has given up napping some time ago, but with all the playing he does at his Grandparents' house he gets very tired.  Since he won't voluntarily nap, his Grandpa has been known to take him for a TWO HOUR car ride so he can fall asleep.  Or he will hold my enormous child on his shoulder and sway him to sleep like a baby.

This last visit, Harrison slept in their bed because he wanted to have a "sleepover".  I'm telling you, you've never seen more accommodating people.

We don't just go visit them either.  They will make the six hour drive to our house upon Harrison's request.  Or come to help us when he is sick or we are planning his Birthday or other event.  At our house, they jump right in with whatever we need help with.  They will play endless games of pretend with him.  I can probably count on one hand the times I have heard one of them tell him they are busy when he asks them to play.  Even then, the thing they are most likely "busy" with is something for him.  Like preparing his millionth snack.


When I attempt to thank Harrison's Grandparents for all that they do, I get brushed off with talk of how special he is and how much they appreciate me letting them be involved.  They thank ME.  I'm telling you, their love for my son knows no bounds.

I have always had a special relationship with my in laws.  They have treated me like their own since the very first day we met.  If the way they treat me hadn't endeared them to me, then the way they treat my baby surely would have.

Since they won't let me fawn over them with appreciation and accolades in person, I will just have to do it here...

Grandma and Grandpa,

The two of you have given my son such a gift by loving him the way that you do.  There is not a luckier little boy in all the world.  You never cease to amaze me with your kindness and generosity.  I could literally NEVER tell you what it has meant to me to have you in our lives.  The love and devotion that you have shown is immeasurable.  I am humbled and honored to be the mother of your Grandson.  You set the example for me of the Grandparent I want to be to Harrison's children.  I absolutely could not ask for more.  You have my eternal gratitude and love.



There.  Now I've put it in writing and they can't shoo me away.  Win for mom.



What is the greatest thing about your kids' grandparents?  Share your personal stories with us and I will publish my favorite.

If you enjoyed this post SHARE IT and GO VOTE for me at Top Mommy Bloggers today!



No comments:

Post a Comment