AMAZON

Thursday, March 7, 2013

MOMMY IS A BORE.



I've mentioned before that Harrison has started pre school. What I didn't tell you, is that I hate all his teachers. The whole Mary poppins-esk clan of them.

Ok, that's not really accurate. I WANT to hate them because they're so fantastic. I do not have the energy/ patience/ creativity to entertain Harrison the way they do.

I have never built a toyota sized igloo out of milk cartons with my son. I have not filled a bathtub with sand so he can have a "dinosaur dig". I didn't build him a faux voting booth out of cardboard to teach him about the presidential election. Nor have I ever put a kiddy pool in the living room, filled it with gravel, and created an indoor construction site for his toy bulldozers.

By comparison, his days at home are about as exciting as going to the gynecologist. Well, they're exactly as exciting as going to the gynecologist, because that's what a field trip looks like at our house. "Look Harrison! It's a speculum!!"

I know I'll never be as interesting as his school teachers are. I won't even try to compete. On the bright side, maybe he will become a world renowned dr of gynecology one day.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! Thanks so much for the laugh! I love your real world, like-minded view of parenthood!

    ReplyDelete