AMAZON

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Can't get no satisfaction.

As a parent, I find that I am in a constant state of longing. Longing for nap time. Longing for bed time. Longing for vacation.

 But here's the rub:  I'm obsessed with my child, so when I do get a much needed break, it takes me very little time to start longing for him again.

 He just gets into a solid sleep and I want to pick him up and squish him. Or I get  a 30 minute drive away from him and want to call and hear his little voice.

When he's sick, I count the seconds until he feels better. Then I quickly miss the cuddles that came with lethargy.

I'm going to hang tight to those fleeting moments in mothering that are perfectly content because I know it won't be long until I'm pulling another Lego out of the toilet and praying for nightfall.

No comments:

Post a Comment