AMAZON

Monday, May 20, 2013

I'm fairly convinced that Harrison is channeling a strong black woman. It's the only way to explain the extent of his newly minted sass mouth.

He has a very Sofia (of 'The Color Purple') quality about him lately. You know the "all my life I had to fight" speech she gives to Harpo? That's pretty much what I'm dealing with when trying to explain to him that we are out of rice chex and that he will have to settle for kix for his snack.

On the one hand, I highly admire his spunk. On the other, HE IS EXHAUSTING ME. I'm not sure how many more times I can hear him shout "NO!" at me without replying "listen, ass-hat! You're gonna do what mommy says!"

I can only hope that he will learn to use these powers of refusal for something world changing when he grows up. And that I LET HIM GROW UP.

No comments:

Post a Comment