AMAZON

Friday, October 5, 2012

Hang on to the magic.

When do we stop being thrilled with the little things?  I watch my son as he experiences life and its all so amazing to his little mind that he can barely stand it.

He thinks going to Target is a fantastic adventure. Having a waffle makes him delirious with pleasure.  Okay, waffles still have that effect on me too, but with most things, he's so enthusiastic that I have to pause and evaluate what exactly is so exciting.

 That's when I realize that I've stopped noticing how incredible life is. If you think about it, clouds are magical. Cars are super fun. Flushing toilets are fantastic.

I'm going to try to slow down long enough to savor my days. I'll try to remember what ice cream tasted like the first time, and the next time I find my little scientist squatting  over a grasshopper, I'll  get down there next to him and see what all the fuss is about. Maybe I'll find myself in awe all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment