AMAZON

Monday, April 7, 2014

WHO PUKED IN THE BOUNCY CASTLE?!?


For Harrison's birthday, we created the perfect storm.  We rented bouncy houses and a sno-cone machine.  The sno-cone syrup was free flowing and the cake and capri sun were plenty.  Add in a candy buffet and you have perfectly primed fifteen preschoolers for jumping up and down.

So the party went.  Kids ran between the picnic tables, lapping up icing and juice, before running back into bounce houses.  Sugar - bounce house - sugar - bounce house - sugar - bounce house - sugar.

I never considered the obvious.  Someone was going to puke.  I'm not sure how this didn't occur to me, but it didn't.  It wasn't until the party was over and little green faces were saying their goodbyes, that I thought "Whew!  I'm so glad no one threw up!"


Since we were down to three kiddos, I decided I needed a romp in the bouncy.  Harrison and I were holding hands, jumping and laughing when I saw "the face".  You know the face I'm talking about.  The "Things are about to spill out of me" face your toddler gets.

Luckily, the puking was not of the projectile variety, and was surprisingly limited.  "Happy Birthday kiddo!  I got you NAUSEA!!!"

The party was a smashing success and although Harrison tossed his cupcakes, I feel like we were blessed by the Birthday gods.  I'm going to have nightmares about what should have happened:  A full blown chain reaction of puking and bouncing children all jammed into a confined area.

If all the red and blue superhero icing didn't make me a pariah, then I'm certain vomit covered children would have.  Ahhhh well, there's always next year.






Do you have any Birthday party horror stories or close calls?  I'd love to hear all about it.

If you enjoyed this post SHARE IT AND GO VOTE at Top mommy Bloggers.




No comments:

Post a Comment